We are pleased to announce the 2022-2023 Alex M. Doty Memorial Award Competition. This award is given annually in recognition of the best essay or paper written by an undergraduate for an IUB Gender Studies course within a specific academic year--in this case, between May 10, 2022 and April 7, 2023.
The winner of the Alex M. Doty Memorial Award will receive a $200.00 honorarium and be recognized at the department’s end-of-year celebration for graduating seniors.
TERMS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- You must be an undergraduate student at Indiana University Bloomington. You do not have to be a Gender Studies major or minor.
- You must have written the paper for a Gender Studies course during Summer 2022, Fall 2022 or Spring 2023. Formal enrollment in a GNDR course or a course that was joint-listed with a GNDR course is required.
- You may submit only one paper per competition cycle.
- The deadline for submissions is 9 a.m. on Monday, April 10, 2023.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING PAPER:
- Submit your paper by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Doty UG Award Submission".
- The cover page should include your name, e-mail address, the specific Gender Studies course for which the paper was written, and the term in which it was written.
- The winner will be chosen through a blind-selection process, so any identifying information (e.g. your name, etc.) should be eliminated from the text of the paper itself in order for members of the selection committee to review submissions as anonymous.
Questions and submissions should be addressed to the Department of Gender Studies via e-mail at email@example.com.
Good luck! We look forward to reading your work.